Regular braces are clunky, visually undesirable, and are all around uncomfortable to wear but they do align your teeth well. There is a good alternative to regular metal braces, in the form of Invisalign braces. They are used to treat mild to complex teeth straightening issues, with the added bonus of being invisible to the naked eye. This option is great for those concerned about their appearances. As you read on, you can read through what this alternative has to offer, as well as the benefits too.
What are Invisalign braces?
This is a type of orthodontic treatment that helps to straighten your teeth without involving metal braces and wiring. This involves wearing a series of custom-made, clear, plastic, aligners that help shift your teeth into the right position within your mouth.
What are the other positive effects of using Invisalign braces?
Teenagers and adults looking for an alternative, to the “clunky” regular, metal braces.
- Offers comfort because it does not affect your speech.
- Clear aligners – there are no wires, no squares or elastic bands to wear.
- You can eat what you like as they are removable, which you can take out when you eat.
- The aligners are custom-made to fit your teeth, which are designed using a special piece of software. This means higher comfort for mouth, as a result.
- Notably for those who play sports and musical instruments, there is the further advantage of not being obstructed by metal braces when playing.
- Most importantly, no painful ulcers from wires or metal plates.
Hopefully if you have had any interest around using Invisalign braces, this blog post may inform your choice of whether to go for Invisalign braces or not. As always, do talk through any concerns or worries with your dentist before going ahead with any treatment or procedure.
For more information about this treatment and what we offer specifically, at Irresistable Smiles, check out this link here:
If you’d like to chat more about this procedure or would like to check in with Irresistible Smiles, do ring us at; +1 858-755-8993
Dr. Safarian has lived in San Diego for more than 20 years. He was on a soccer scholarship in college and played professional soccer for the San Diego Sockers and Puebla F.C. prior to pursuing a career as a leading San Diego dentist.